July 2018 Update
This is a snapshot of the main improvements to Enketo in the past 6 months:
- Added basic Range widget.
- Added Ranking widget.
- Added URL widget.
randomize()function that can be used for choice options (select, rank). This function is exposed via a shortcut in XLSForm for easy use.
- Performance of autocomplete widget with huge external data files (XML or CSV) has improved enormously in Chrome and Firefox (15,000 items is not a problem on most devices!).
- The expression
". < today()"should now work as expected across time zones (a 5 year old bug).
- The required asterisks (*) now update in real-time if an expression is used.
- All draw widgets now have a download function (like the file upload widgets).
- Drawing and annotate widgets now have an undo button.
- File upload widgets now support “new”, “new-front”, “new-rear” on some cutting-edge mobile browsers.
- Reset functionality for draw and file upload widgets now requires confirmation.
- New line and paragraph handling in labels and hints has improved.
- Many styling and accessibility improvements.
- API endpoints for PDF-creation of empty forms and records were added.
- Loading performance has been improved.
- Russian and Polish translations were added.
- Installation has been simplified and the instructions were updated. It is recommended to install a new Ubuntu 18.04 server and migrate the configuration and database file to ensure easy future updates.
A proposal was submitted for a DIAL Strategic Grant. The proposed project entails turning the Enketo Project into a multi-stakeholder-managed project. The proposal was developed by a partnership between Enketo LLC, Medic Mobile, OpenClinica, and KoBoToolbox, with consultation by the ODK leadership.